|Prof. J.H. Chandler, BSc PhD SFHEA
Professor of Geomatics,
School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering,
Loughborough University, UK.
Primary aim of research- to develop and exploit modern geomatics methods and digital photogrammetry, with experience in earth science and heritage recording, particularly at close range.
- Established and Chaired International Working Group for the ISPRS– Close range measurement for bio and geoscience (2012-16) and close range morphological measurement for the earth sciences (2008-12);
- Member of Scientific Committee for VGC2016 and VGC2018, the series of “Virtual Geoscience Conferences” held in Bergen , Norway (2016) and Kingston, Canada (2018);
- Member of the International Editorial Board for the Photogrammetric Record, the leading international Journal in photogrammetry (impact factor 3.256).
- Formerly Vice-Chair of the Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society;
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)- Geomatics Professional Group (1998-2019);
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Thompson Award for best paper in the 2016 issues of the Photogrammetric Record.